Since Ricky’s passing, the Ricky Woodring Memorial Fund,
through kind donations and the Ricky Woodring/Galena High
Golf Tournaments, has made the following contributions:
- $6,600 to South Reno Babe Ruth for financial scholarships.
These funds are used to help pay for season fees,
cleats and gloves for young men whose families are in
- $19,900 to Galena High School Scholarships
The Ricky Woodring “Heart of Gold” Baseball
Scholarship awarded for work ethics and
The Ricky Woodring Memorial Music Scholarship
The Ricky Woodring Resource Scholarship which
is awarded to a student with well rounded
achievements including academic, in spite of a
health impairment or a learning disability.
- $44,510 to all Galena Athletic programs, including
baseball, for help with uniforms, games and
tournament costs. Proceeds helped start the Galena
Wall of Fame.
- $36,510 specifically for the baseball program.
- Ricky was planning a fundraising concert for the baseball program at the time of his accident. His first word was “light” and as a pitcher, he loved night games. Although placing lights on the Galena Base- ball field WAS one of the memorial fund’s long term goals, the Ricky Woodring Memorial Event Plaza for the students and the community is nowour primary goal. See the new goal letter for more infor- mation. The $26,300 from the Memorial Fund designated for lights is already part of the event center project. For more information on the Event Plaza Click Here.