Since Ricky’s passing, the Ricky Woodring Memorial Fund,
through kind donations and the Ricky Woodring/Galena High
Golf Tournaments, has made the following contributions:
- $8,600 to South Reno Babe Ruth for financial scholarships. These funds are used to help pay for season fees, cleats and gloves for young men whose families are in need.
- $26,400 to Galena High School Scholarships
The Ricky Woodring “Heart of Gold” Baseball Scholarship awarded for work ethics and sportsmanship
The Ricky Woodring Memorial Music Scholarship
The Ricky Woodring Resource Scholarship which is awarded to a student with well rounded achievements including academic, in spite of a health impairment or a learning disability.
- $61,983 to all Galena Athletic programs, including baseball, for help with uniforms, games and tournament costs. Proceeds helped start the Galena Wall of Fame.
- $55,924 specifically for the baseball program.
- Ricky was planning a fundraising concert for the baseball program at the time of his accident. To honor Ricky’s committment to help Galena students, our long term goal has been an event plaza at the high school. This plaza will be used by the students and various age groups in the community for tournaments, clinics, craft fairs and other festivities. To date, the memorial fund has contributed $35,200 for the event plaza project. The electrical is done and the plumbing is our next phase which will be done this year.