Since Ricky’s passing, the Ricky Woodring Memorial Fund,
through kind donations and the Ricky Woodring/Galena High
Golf Tournaments, has made the following contributions:
- $7,600 to South Reno Babe Ruth for financial scholarships.
These funds are used to help pay for season fees,
cleats and gloves for young men whose families are in
- $23,400 to Galena High School Scholarships
The Ricky Woodring “Heart of Gold” Baseball
Scholarship awarded for work ethics and
The Ricky Woodring Memorial Music Scholarship
The Ricky Woodring Resource Scholarship which
is awarded to a student with well rounded
achievements including academic, in spite of a
health impairment or a learning disability.
- $52,848 to all Galena Athletic programs, including
baseball, for help with uniforms, games and
tournament costs. Proceeds helped start the Galena
Wall of Fame.
- $46,248 specifically for the baseball program.
- Ricky was planning a fundraising concert for the baseball program at the time of his accident. To honor Ricky’s committment to help Galena students, our long term goal has been an event plaza at the high school. This plaza will be used by the students and various age groups in the community for tournaments, clinics, craft fairs and other festivities. To date, the memorial fund has contributed $30,200 for the event plaza project. The electrical is done and the plumbing is our next phase which will be done this year.